We are seeking to appoint a Business Development and Marketing Assistant on a full-time basis.
McCabes is an Australian Commercial, Government, and Insurance law firm with a reputation for providing high-quality, timely legal services. Balanced with a strong internal emphasis on culture and values, we combine innovation with commercial savviness to deliver rewarding outcomes to all our clients.
We are seeking to appoint a Business Development and Marketing Assistant on a full-time basis. Working closely with the Head of Business Development – Commercial, this role will see you contributing to the growth and expansion of our commercial client base.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contribute to business development plans in alignment with the firm’s strategic objectives.
- Conduct basic research on potential clients and industries.
- Work with the Head of Business Development – Commercial to understand client needs, tailoring solutions to meet their objectives.
- Assist internal teams with their business development activities, including proposals and coordinating and managing client-facing events.
- Organise events, seminars and functions, including preparing and distributing invitations, coordinating guest lists and RSVPs, organising catering and managing set up and pack down.
- Promote and maintain our client relationship management (CRM) system, including creating and running reports and event communication and management.
- Assist with new business opportunities through targeted lead generation, networking events, and industry conferences.
- Assist with market and competitor analysis to identify potential areas of growth and expansion for the firm.
- Assist with tracking and analysing business development metrics, providing regular reports to the Head of Business Development – Commercial.
- Remain informed about market dynamics affecting our client base and work closely with the Head of Business Development – Commercial to advise internal stakeholders accordingly.
- Collaborate with the marketing team, to develop marketing materials and campaigns targeting client base. • Provide general administrative support and assistance.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A curious disposition – and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Marketing degree or relevant business qualification. #21457331v1
- 12 months of marketing or business development experience preferred but not essential.
- Proposal drafting and management skills preferred but not essential. • Stakeholder and project management skills.
- Experience using CRM systems and other business development tools. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with competing priorities and progress multiple tasks through to completion within required deadlines.
What We Offer
In return, McCabes will provide you with the opportunity to work with a talented team in a flexible, inclusive, and innovative environment. We also promote a culture focused on the firm’s values – integrity, excellence, and courage – that provides opportunities to develop and progress your career.
We are small enough to give you the personal attention and career development to help you reach your full potential, yet large enough to provide the challenge of diverse, high-quality work and clients.
Other benefits include:
- Access to direct mentoring from senior members of the business development team
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
How to Apply
If you wish to become part of a busy and successful practice with a distinguished reputation, please submit your cover letter and CV by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Applications close 12 December 2023.