Alison practices across all aspects of employment law, acting for private and public sector employers in a broad range of industries including insurance, real estate, hospitality, security, retail, health and education. She has experience in:
- Managing performance and disciplinary issues and responding to unfair dismissal and adverse action claims
- Advising clients on the application and interpretation of modern awards and enterprise agreements
- Managing work health and safety issues, and preparing responses to SafeWork NSW notices
- Conducting workplace investigations into misconduct allegations
- Drafting employment contracts, position descriptions and workplace policies
- Responding to discrimination, bullying and harassment claims
- Responding to employee entitlement claims and conducting payroll audits
- Preparing and delivering discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment training
- Advising on redundancy entitlements and process
- Enforcing post-employment obligations
- Advising on the negotiation of enterprise agreements, and the approval process through the Fair Work Commission.
Alison also has experience preparing presentations for employment law conferences on performance management, restraint of trade, and work health and safety issues, and frequently publishes articles on updates to the law.