Since 1986, David has acted exclusively for insurers and self-insureds in the defence and management of general insurance, public liability, employer’s liability, workers’ compensation and compulsory third party motor vehicle claims. He is also widely regarded as a leading practitioner in personal and catastrophic injury claims in Western Australia.
His expertise and skills focus particularly on:
- advising on the assessment of damages for catastrophic, psychiatric and personal injury claims
- defending claims as trial counsel or appeal advocacy
- establishing potential rights of recovery against other tortfeasors
- determining liability for workers’ compensation, public and employer’s liability, CTP, negligence and contribution cases
- providing opinions on insurance indemnity issues involving personal injuries.
David’s negotiation skills are well honed and he always seeks to avoid exposing his clients to expensive, protracted and unnecessary litigation costs. When claims have proceeded to trial, David has achieved impressive results at trial or on appeal for insurers and self-insured clients.