Stuart has developed his specialist insurance law practice to enable him to provide a broad range of legal services to Australian-based and international authorised insurers, underwriting agencies, general insurance brokers, self insurers and public authorities on all aspects of their:
- general liability (public and product liability)
- contract works and construction liability exposures
- environmental and energy liability claims.
Stuart’s general public liability practice includes litigated and unlitigated claims for personal injury, product liability and property damage, as well as indemnity advice and drafting of relevant insurance provisions and litigation for insureds and insurers in respect of policy interpretation.
He has extensive experience on mining and construction matters, including
- property damage
- business interruption claims
- construction disputes
- building failures.
He advises on policy response and acts in defence of claims involving head building contractors, structural and geo technical engineers, project managers and architects.
Stuart’s environmental and energy liability practice involves public land contamination cases, advising on:
- regulatory breaches of environmental legislation
- defending EPA prosecutions
- advising on and defending major power and energy first and third party claims.