McCabes‘ government and administrative law group have provided legal support and advice to government agencies for over 25 years.
Over this time, our group has developed an in-depth understanding of the administrative law and policy framework governing private and public organisations.
We understand the diverse and unique requirements of our government clients. Backed by over 40 lawyers, our group has a proven record of achievements at trial and appellate levels across various jurisdictions.
Our strength is in understanding the culture of our clients’ organisations. We are committed to achieving the best results for them whilst addressing specific policy and operational requirements.
We pride ourselves on delivering practical and commercially sensitive advice and legal representation through our cost-effective and professional service.
- Advice to Government departments on statutory and common law liability issues, insurance and disciplinary/investigational requirements
- Representing the interests of government clients at coronial inquests and inquiries
- Internal reviews and responding to various complaints under state and Commonwealth legislation
- Defending personal injury claims brought against government agencies
- First party property claims and recovery assignments including residential property damage claims, first and third property loss
- Defending intentional tort claims including wrongful arrest, false imprisonment, assault, battery, malicious prosecution and misfeasance in public office
- Defending common law negligence claims brought by former NSW Police Officers in the course of their employment, including post-traumatic stress disorder