We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Associate to join our dynamic team, specialising in defendant institutional abuse claims.
McCabes is an Australian Commercial, Government, and Insurance law firm with a reputation for providing high quality, timely legal services. Balanced with a strong internal emphasis on culture and values, we combine innovation with commercial savviness to deliver rewarding outcomes to all our clients.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Associate to join our dynamic team, specialising in defendant institutional abuse claims. As an associate in this area, you will have the opportunity to work on complex cases involving institutional abuse allegations, providing legal support and guidance to our clients.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct legal research and draft legal documents, including pleadings, motions, and briefs.
- Analyse and review case materials, evidence, and relevant statutes to develop effective defence strategies.
- Conduct interviews with clients, witnesses, and experts to gather information.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure comprehensive and efficient case handling.
- Represent clients at negotiations and mediations.
- Attend court proceedings, hearings, and client meetings as required.
- Stay up to date with relevant laws, regulations, and legal precedents related to defendant institutional abuse claims.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor of Laws or equivalent and a current New South Wales practising certificate.
- Minimum 3 years’ post admission experience preferably in defendant institutional abuse claims or general insurance matters.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex legal concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of professionalism, ethics, and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts in multiple fields.
- High degree of initiative, dedication and organisation ability with a strong client and commercial focus.
- A commercial approach and ability to articulate and negotiate effectively; and
- A strong, plain language communication style.
What We Offer
In return, McCabes will provide you with the opportunity to work with a talented team in a flexible, inclusive, and innovative environment. We also promote a culture focused on the firm’s values – integrity, excellence, and courage – that provides opportunities to develop and progress your career.
We are small enough to give you the personal attention and career development to help you reach your full potential, yet large enough to provide the challenge of diverse, high-quality work and clients.
Other benefits include:
- Access to direct mentoring from senior lawyers of the firm
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] or click the “Apply Now” button.
Please note that we are not accepting applications submitted by recruitment agencies for this position.
Applications close 31 October 2023.