Jack practises almost exclusively in workers compensation, with some exposure to broader personal injury claims and litigation. His experience includes psychological injuries, breaks and fractures, scarring, soft tissue injuries, amputations, and back and spinal injuries.
He regularly represents some of the nation’s leading insurers as well as self-insured employers across a series of minor and catastrophic claims and advises on a broad spectrum of issues and claims types, correctly advising on liability, quantum and future management of the claim while maintaining focus on trying to finalise the claim as quickly as reasonably possible.
Jack has considerable skill in implementing file strategies and well developed administrative systems to achieve cost-effective and timely settlements. His competencies include:
- efficient claims management
- day-to-day carriage of matters and running of his own files as a Senior Associate
- drafting of applicable documents required to be filed in the District and Supreme Courts as well as at WorkCover WA Conciliation and Arbitration
- appearing in chambers on a variety of interlocutory applications and other Court hearings
- attending WorkCover for both Conciliation and Arbitration hearings.
He has an excellent knowledge of both the workers’ compensation and injury management system as well as the District Court processes in regards to public liability matters.
Jack has appeared in the Magistrate’s Court, District Court and Supreme Court and in Conciliation and Arbitration hearings at WorkCover WA. He has also attended cost assessment hearings both at WorkCover and in the District Court and Supreme Court.