Justin represents both insurers and self-insureds across a wide range of workers’ compensation matters, from smaller claims involving technical issues such as calculation of the correct rate of weekly payments, through to catastrophic injuries involving complex factual disputes.
He also works for the WA Government, particularly the Education Department and various local government organisations.
He also focuses on marine seafarers’ and public liability claims.
He has acted in a number of major Western Australian litigated matters. His area of expertise includes claims involving:
- catastrophic and complex injuries
- assessment of whole of person impairment
- psychiatric injury, including workplace stress
- physical injury, including back and neck injuries, breaks and fractures, severe spinal injuries and paraplegia
- common law actions in the District Court.
Justin regularly provides training to clients on a broad range of topics such as stress claims, practical claims management of dispute resolution, fraud, weekly payments, identifying and managing long term claims and with the interpretation of various sections of the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act.